We are learning about length in Maths this week. Mrs Hastings gave us some challenges:
1. Mrs Hastings gave us a big long piece of string. "Make a one metre tape measure using your string. Make one for you and one for your buddy". The trick was - we only had our 30cm rulers!
Brandon came up with a very clever idea - "if I measure one metre, I only need to fold it and measure the next piece off that. I'm doubling it"
2. The next day Mrs Hastings said
"Using your tape measure what can you find that is:
*one metre long *1/2 a metre long
*1/4 a metre long *more than a metre long"
Thanks to Brandon and Jim we quickly learnt how to find half and quarter of a metre using our piece of string!
Here are some photos of us measuring in our classroom and outside:













No comments:
Post a Comment